Doula Services, Childbirth Education, Etc.
If you are searching to find answers to guide you through the sacred time of being a mother, schedule an appointment. Cheryl is available to visit about preparing your body for fertility, walking through pregnancy and looking forward to the fourth trimester of postpartum. With the tools of yoga, Ayurveda and meditation (hypnosis), Cheryl will search to find ways to guide you through this amazing time of your life.
The word “doula” comes from the ancient Greek meaning “a woman who serves” and is now used to refer to a trained and experienced professional who provides continuous support to the mother before, during and just after birth; or who provides emotional and practical support during the postpartum period. As your birth doula, I will help you prepare your birth plan, communicate with care providers, work with you and your partner to prepare for birth. My sole responsibility is mother and partner’s emotional well-being. The contract includes: prenatal visit, support during active labor and delivery, time post-delivery and a postpartum visit in addition to email and phone support until the time of labor.
Contact Cheryl for information – in and out-of-state availability.
Prenatal & Postpartum Ayurvedic Work
Cheryl Johnson is available for postpartum Ayurvedic support to include treatments to meal planning. All options are listed and explained on the Ayurvedic Treatments page HERE. And the Ayurvedic Doula services are explained HERE.
CHILDBIRTH EDUCATION OFFERINGS:
HypnoBirthing®, the Mongan Method
HypnoBirthing® is as much a philosophy of birth as it is a technique for achieving a satisfying, relaxing, and stress-free method of birthing. This amazing program teaches you, along with your birthing companion, the art and joy of experiencing birth in a more comfortable manner. Using self-hypnosis techniques allows women to access their natural instincts to bring about a safer, easier, more comfortable birthing. Emphasis is placed on pregnancy and childbirth, as well as on pre-birth parenting and the consciousness of the pre-born baby. As a birthing method, HypnoBirthing® is as new as tomorrow and as old as ancient times. It is presented in a series of five, 2 1/2-hour classes.
HB mum said… “I listened to my Affirmations and Rainbow Relaxation on my ipod continuously from 6:30am, on the car journey, right through to the end of surgery. I was like a rag doll! Even when the consultant I hoped I would have, I didn’t get! Even when told I needed blood matching, incase I haemorrhaged and needed a blood transfusion! Even when told that because the baby was transverse breech I might need a vertical c-section! And even when, finally, I was told that I might need a general anaesthetic!….I was still as relaxed and calm as a rag doll!! HypnoBirthing was invaluable!! Thanks a million!!!!!!”
Conscious Beginnings Childbirth Education:
- Childbirth Education – This a basic class to cover the stages and phases of labor, delivery and early postpartum. In combination with the Partners class, you have all you need to prepare for celebrating your sweet bebe’s birthday. Come ready to learn and ask questions. There will be a focus on breathing techniques, relaxation and comfort measures.
- Partners In Pregnancy – A monthly class to support moms and their partners during pregnancy. Supported yoga poses, restorative work using breath awareness and visualization along with comfort measures are offered. Class cost is $65/couple. Registration is required. Limit of 4 couples. *You do not have to be pregnant to join class, but topics of discussion will be about pregnancy.
- Fertility Partners – A specialty class to help partners reduce the stress associated with infertility, and to redirect the focus onto themselves and the connection of mind/body. Restorative partner poses, attention to the downward motion of breath – apana, and release of negative emotions or limiting thoughts are used in class. Registration is required. Not a recurring class. Inquire to schedule.
- *bebeMOON – Connect with your partner on a “bebeMOON” that includes education, yoga, comfort measures, abhyanga, nutrition and fitness. This weekend will cover all your childbirth education needs as well as commune with other couples of like minded consciousness. Different locations throughout the year. Price will vary by location. To register for a weekend or help plan a special weekend of your own, contact Cheryl.
- *Green Babies, Green Families
Let’s talk about making healthy green choices for pregnancy, childbirth and baby care. From the delivery room to the kitchen, thinking and acting socially responsible and environmentally aware will help to limit our footprint on the world. We will take a look at products for all rooms of the house to include bedding and lotions and proper nutrition – organically speaking. This class is currently not offered. If you are interested, contact me for more information.
*NOT CURRENTLY OFFERED. INQUIRE FOR IF INTERESTED